Friday, September 26, 2008

Something even my son (who beatboxes) can get into...

Damn...so close to the end of the month, yet I just can't keep it up. There are some days when you just don't feel like it. Like when you've had a couple of stress-filled days in a row, involving stolen iPods, the county Sheriff & stupid teenagers. (sigh)

So to cleanse our pallet, here is something I happened upon totally be accident while surfing through Youtube. It is the day for Friday Videos, after all!



In my opinion, this is pretty damn cool. Something I've never seen before. If you search Youtube, you'll find other songs he's done, such as Sesame Street and the Inspector Gadget theme. One of my favorites believe it or not happens to be the Peter & the Wolf theme, simply because it reminds me of my dad. When I was little my dad had this huge collection of records. Yes, big vinyl records that played on his "hi fi" stereo in his den. If we were really good, he would let us sit quietly in his den and listen to some of them. He had a lot of Broadway musicals & classical music, along with some of the old big bands. I remember sitting and listening to Peter & the Wolf and closing my eyes, trying to identify all of the characters in the story through their specific music. Here's Greg Patillo's version if you want to give it a listen:


P.S. He also has a version of Flight of the Bumblebee that is pretty cool too. I don't know how he does it without passing out!

No comments: