Thursday, September 4, 2008

Families

I was thinking about it tonight and I really have to say I'm blessed when it comes to my family. So many people out there have families that they are ashamed of, embarrassed of, want to get away from. But my family is something I'm very proud of.
When I was growing up of course, I'm sure there were moments when I rolled my eyes when I had friends over and my mom or dad said something that I thought was "uncool". Or times when I thought my big sister was so mean because she wouldn't let me borrow one of her cute tops.
But as an adult, I can't help but look back and remember the good moments in between those other times. Like standing in the livingroom with my mom while she tried to teach me to two-step & I tried to teach her to "shake her booty". Or when my dad & I took a 4 state road trip, just the two of us, and he let me drive his new 1984 Camaro. And I can't forget how proud I was when my sister had me stand up next to her as her maid of honor at her wedding when I was only 14 years old.
Then at the times in my life when I needed them most, even when I didn't ask for their help, they were there. When I gave birth to my son it was my dad who picked Collin & me up from the hospital the next morning and took us home. And my mother came out from Texas to help me out those first couple of weeks when I was totally clueless. My sister gave me so much encouragement over the phone when I talked to her, giving me tips that she learned years before me.
I don't talk much about my brother, but that's only because he has chosen to remove himself from our lives. But even though he won't answer emails, I hope that he reads them and knows that I love him. He's still my brother, no matter what.
I hope that my family knows how much I love them and appreciate them every day. I'd like to think that they're proud of me too.

1 comment:

Jenna Marie said...

But your brother's kids are still here. :) I'm glad to see you taking on this challenge of updating every day. And it's fun to see a little more insight into your "real" life.