Sunday, May 30, 2010

We Have Protection...

Well we didn't get anything planted today, but mainly because we spent most of the day getting things "ready".  As I mentioned in the previous post, we got our raised beds in earlier today.  After getting a couple of the rows tilled and mapping out where we wanted to put some things, we realized that all of our work is going to be for nothing if anything gets into the garden.  (Like our dogs.)  So we broke out the post pounder and the t-posts and let my step son get some exercise.  (He's going to have noodle arms when he wakes up tomorrow morning!)  He got 15 posts pounded into the ground to make up our fence.  I arranged a couple of the posts closer together to be our "entrance" and then we got the fencing.  (This is when I thank my work for "donating" the fencing and posts to me...all I have to do is bring in some veggies this summer!  I love bartering!)  It's not necessarily pretty, but it's functional.  It will keep out the dogs and maybe even the neighbor's horse if he wanders into our front pasture and doesn't go running full force towards the fence.  It works for what we want it to do...


No comments: