Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dream House

Today my husband was working a  landscape job in Star.  He realized as he was getting near the end of the day that he needed a couple more bags of paver base.  I ran to Lowe's for him and had to use my Garmin GPS to figure out how to get to the job without going far out of my way.  At one point I was sure that my Garmin was getting me lost.  But I figured it would get me there eventually and just went along for the ride.

I've learned that sometimes when you're just going along not knowing where you are, you see interesting things....I found this house.  It was empty, weather beaten and run down.  But when I saw it I almost stopped in the middle of the road.  It tugged at my heartstrings.  But I had to get the materials to my husband so I went on my way.  However, on the way home, I made sure I drove past it again and this time, with no traffic around me, I DID stop in the middle of the road.  I was able to snap a quick picture with my cell phone.  Of course, the picture doesn't really do it justice.  Maybe this is the point when I need to explain that I have a love for old farm houses.  Whether they're still in great shape or dilapidated, I still love them.  (A part of me probably even loves the old run down ones more.)  If I had an unlimited supply of money, I would find just the right one and restore it to it's original splendor.  I think this one would be perfect for restoration.... 

3 comments:

Mom vs. the boys said...

I can see it too, a beauty in the making!

redartwine said...

I think you're right and you probably shouldn't go near an animal control shelter unless you want to bring home every animal there and nourish them back to their original state of glory.

Jane said...

Redartwine, you're so right! I can't go near them...I want to take them all home!