Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We interrupt your normally scheduled program...

Yes, it's been awhile...I think I blogged enough during that 30 day thing to make up for the rest of the year, lol. But the real reason I haven't blogged lately is because I've been pretty busy. Changes abound in our household! Here's the latest update...most of you know all of this already, but I'm just putting it all out there to get everyone up to speed. If you have to ask, you probably don't know me that well:

Randy is now living in Idaho. He made it out here in November with his oldest son Zach in tow, who wanted to "start over" away from the lifestyle he had gotten used to out in North Carolina. His younger son, Trevor, was living with Collin & I already so he could start school at the beginning of the year and not have to transfer to a new school in the middle of the semester. So now our household consists of myself, Randy, Collin (16), Zach (18), Trevor (15), my two dogs Rowdy & Zoe, and Randy's dog Roxie. Oh...and let's not forget the cow.... So my life has been busy getting everyone all settled in, rearranging rooms, making room for everyone's storage, getting used to new routines, etc.
(Trevor, Zach & Randy on the night Randy & Zach arrived)

Another reason my life has been busy lately is because now that Randy is out here, we've decided to get married. People will have their opinions, and I say let them have them. I'm 40 years old, I know what I want out of life, and I'm done playing dating games. Actually that pretty much goes for both of us...except that Randy is 39, not 40. (He's quick to remind me, lol.) We're both very happy, our kids are happy (or as happy as teenagers can be) and everyone gets along (for now.) Sure, with 3 boys in the house between the ages of 15 & 18 there's going to be testosterone overload now & then. I'm learning to deal with it. We've made sure we keep the lines of communication open and not let things fester. We plan to have "family meetings" on a regular basis (once a week of possible, maybe twice a month more realistically) so everyone can air out their opinions, etc. and we can get everyone's schedules coordinated.("The boys" relaxing out on a fence in the pasture)

All this brings me to a warning...if you don't want to hear the mad ravings of a 40 year old bride-to-be who is planning a wedding that's rapidly approaching and dealing with venues, officiants, florists, bakers, family, teenagers and a fiance....you might want to turn this channel off for awhile. Because this is pretty much going to turn into the wedding channel for the next couple of months. Don't get me wrong--I'm no Bridezilla...but having to plan something like this can make any sane person a little temporary insane. I welcome opinions, suggestions, help, etc. and would love to hear from anyone who wants to chime in on any of my wedding subjects.
You've been warned...

1 comment:

Jenna Marie said...

I'm so happy for you! :) I bet it definitely has been interesting learning how to deal with THREE teenage boys instead of one! :) Congrats! :)